Position Title: Staff Development Coordinator
Schedule Available: Full Time – 40 hrs/week.
Company Overview: Beechtree Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing is proud to have served a vital role in the Ithaca community for over 85 years. Starting out as a home for children with polio and transitioning into skilled nursing care for the elderly population. Throughout the home’s long and rich history, our mission – to ensure that each resident achieves and maintains the highest quality of life possible – continues to reflect the high level of compassion and concern of our dedicated staff and the local community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teaches the Certified Nurse Aide class and clinical education including all aspects of the certification process.
- Assists with audits, assessments, screenings, etc. as assigned by the DON.
- Complete clinical proficiency audits, then teach and review policies with staff where weaknesses are identified.
- Prepare and post a monthly calendar listing all scheduled in-services for the month.
- Is responsible for conducting New Employee Orientation in conjunction with the HR Director.
- Is responsible for the continuing education of current staff, documentation and monitoring to assure that all facility staff are compliant with education/in-service requirements and regulations of the facility.
- Is responsible for maintaining in-service records for each employee and take appropriate action when required hours are not completed.
- Oversees all nursing staff to assure that all safety and infection control policies & procedures are being followed.
- Oversees and participates in resident meal pass, feeding and documentation of intakes as assigned.
- Is responsible for maintaining, updating and ensuring compliance of all employee health records (including required immunizations).
- Track and ensure that all facility employees have their annual physical update, PPD titer and Hepatitis B shots.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as requested by the DON or Administrator.
- Must be flexible in hours worked and times of in-services to allow each employee to meet the required number of in-service hours.
- Makes rounds of nursing units and resident areas to observe staff and assure the highest quality of care is being given and all facility policies & procedures are being followed.
- Maintain professional license and required ancillary programs (i.e. Train the Trainer, RN license, etc).
- Assists Nursing management, Team Charge Nurses and CNA’s during nursing staffing shortages.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a current NY Registered Nurse license and registration.
- If doesn’t have, will need to get a “Train the Trainer” certification.
- Preferred at least 1 year of experience in a Long Term Care setting.
- Must be able to read, write, communicate and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work flexible hours/shifts to accommodate staff education on off shifts.
- Must have knowledge of NYS DOH regulations for Long Term Care.
- Paid vacation, Sick & Holiday time
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Company paid Life Insurance