Position Title: RN – Unit Manager
Schedules Available: Full Time – Salaried
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall responsibility for monitoring, dispensing and documentation of ordered medications and treatments on a 40 bed unit.
- Act as a liaison between other departments, staff, residents and families.
- Supervise CNA’s and Team Charge Nurses to ensure that quality care is being given to each resident.
- Direct supervision of Nurse Aide Trainees during Clinical Skills Training.
- Contacts Physician to update a resident’s status or medication orders.
- Oversees staff to assure safety and infection control policies and procedures are being followed.
- Oversees meal pass and participate in resident feeding and documentation of intake.
- Maintain professional license and required ancillary programs (i.e. Infection Control Training).
- Keep abreast of changes in facility and clinical standards by reviewing facility policies and procedures as well as recent journals.
- Assist in Care Planning and documentation.
- Participate in arranging/scheduling resident appointments for outpatient testing or medical consultations.
- Responsible for monitoring equipment checks & calibrations, second checks of medication orders and checking Lab slips for compliance with policy & procedures.
- Provide emotional support for residents, families and staff.
- Demonstrate and maintain an atmosphere of teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Work in a professional manner with regard to residents, family members, visitors, and members of official agencies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a current NYS RN License.
- Must have Long Term Care experience and at least one year of Supervisory experience.
- Must have the ability to direct and supervise a large Nursing staff.
- Must have the ability to meet family members’ needs for problem solving, information sharing and education regarding the resident’s care.
- Must be able to read, write clear and accurately, communicate and understand the English language.
- Must have patience, tact, enthusiasm and a cheerful disposition when dealing with residents, visitors, family
Benefits: Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick time. Medical, Dental & Life Insurances, 401K plan