Position Title: RN – Nursing Supervisor
Schedules Available: Full Time / 3-11:30pm – (Monday-Friday)
- Ensures the facility is operating with the appropriate staffing levels for the evening shift and addresses any staffing issues that arise for the next shift.
- Communicates with the Physicians, NP’s, Director of Nursing and Unit Managers as needed regarding pertinent issues (Example: falls, infections, negative outcomes, changes in condition, per occurrence events, complaints, etc.).
- Does rounds of the Nursing Units, other resident and facility areas to supervise Team Charge Nurses & CNA’s and other facility personnel on the evening shift, ensuring compliance with facility policies & procedures.
- Conducts on-the-job training as necessary and coordinates workflow to best suite the immediate needs of the residents.
- Ensures that resident and staff incident reports are initiated, completed and reported per policy and procedure.
- Participates in Residents’ evening meal pass, feeding and documentation of intakes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing or Administrator to ensure a smooth running of the facility on the evening shift.
- Must have a current NYS RN License
- Prior Supervisory experience is preferred
- Must have a basic knowledge of or prior experience with medication pass and treatments in a long term care setting.
- Must have patience, tact, enthusiasm and a cheerful disposition when dealing with residents, visitors, family members and other staff