Position Title: Housekeeper
Schedule Available: Full Time – 37.5 hrs/week including every other weekend
- Receives daily assignment and instructions, assembles the necessary cleaning supplies and equipment and transports them to the assigned area.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums all floors in the assigned area(s).
- Cleans and/or dusts walls, doors, window ledges, lights and resident belongings.
- Cleans, disinfects and restocks bathrooms and tub rooms.
- Empties trash receptacles.
- Performs deep cleaning of resident rooms on discharge or prior to new admission.
- Cleans beds on a regular schedule and as needed.
- Cleans up accidental spills made by residents, staff and/or visitors as requested.
- Removes privacy curtains and transports them to laundry on a regular schedule then re-hangs them when clean.
- Moves small furniture to facilitate cleaning behind and under on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Cleans hallways, stairwells and elevators as directed by supervisor or Plant Manager.
- Stocks cart and janitorial closets with necessary supplies as needed.
- Follows all established cleaning and safety, infection control and universal precaution regulations at all times.
- Follows facility policies and procedures when cleaning isolation rooms or handling isolation waste.
- Completes all training required to be able to read and follow labels and MSDS sheets.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must have general knowledge of cleaning and housekeeping methods and / or equipment used in a long-term care facility.
- Must possess the ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must have patience, tact, enthusiasm and a cheerful disposition when dealing with residents, visitors, family members and other staff members.